- Commercial Litigation
- Insurance Recovery For Policyholders
- Labor And Employment Law
Mr. Celii devotes his practice to representing businesses and municipal entities navigating labor and employment disputes ranging from wage and hour litigation and work place discrimination defense to labor negotiations and the resolution of grievances. During his representation of Philadelphia-area Townships and Counties, he has successfully defended claims brought against public officials and advised municipalities on the drafting of local ordinances, such as Police Pension DROP amendments.
Mr. Celii’s litigation experience is varied. He has significant experience defending public transportation companies against personal injury claims; defending breach of contract, negligence and unjust enrichment claims brought against commercial banks; and pursuing collections and mechanic’s lien claims on behalf of construction companies.
Lastly, Mr. Celii is skilled in interpreting and analyzing contractual claims, specifically in the area of insurance. He has successfully litigated on behalf of policyholders, generally businesses, obtaining recoveries for claims originally denied or limited by insurers under commercial general liability policies.
- J.D. Villanova University School of Law, 2011
- B.A., magna cum laude, University of Pittsburgh, 2008
BAR AND COURT ADMISSIONS
ACTIVITIES AND GROUPS
While in law school, Mr. Celii volunteered his time providing pro bono legal services to the indigent through the Philadelphia VIP program. He also was a judicial extern to the Honorable Linda Carpenter of the First Judicial District, Court of Common Pleas. Currently, Mr. Celii is a member of the Justinian Society of Philadelphia and the American Inns of Court.
Before joining the firm, Mr. Celii gained litigation and appellate experience while practicing at Faruqi and Faruqi, LLP and, before that, while practicing at a boutique Philadelphia firm, primarily handling Employment and Labor Law matters.
- Commercial Litigation Quarterly - “Uncharted Waters Ahead: Pennsylvania
Products Liability Post - TINCHER”. Citybizlist, February 2015.
- Disciplining Employees For Comments About Work On Social Media. Offit Kurman Legal Blog, April 2015.
- A New “Bright Line” FMLA Test By The Third Circuit. Offit Kurman Legal Blog, July 2015.
- Background Checks: Fertile Employment Litigation Ground. What Is An Employer To Do? Offit Kurman Legal Blog, December 2015.
- “Insurance Coverage Update - Top Five Developments Policyholders Should Know” Legal Intelligencer In-House Counsel CLE Seminar, Philadelphia, PA, (October 15, 2014).
- “Social Media Use and Employee Discipline” Lehigh Valley Managers Association, Plainfield Township Municipal Building-Northampton County, PA (October 16, 2015).
- “Working With Millenials - Social Media, Tattoos, and Piercings” PSATS Conference, Hershey, PA (April 18, 2016).